Why Choose B-Lashes® Eyelash Extensions
B-Lashes® Eyelash Extensions are offered exclusively by licensed and credentialed beauty and health professionals. We do not sell product to “nail only” salons. Also, unlike the competition, B-Lashes® Eyelash Extensions requires successful completion of our hands on eyelash extensions training and certification program to purchase products. Due to these high standards, B-Lashes® Eyelash Extensions are the preferred choice of lash extensions by consumers and generate the highest service fees in the lash extension industry.
Our 1 day training and certification program is known as the most comprehensive, structured and professional in Columbus, Ohio. We participate in numerous workshops as trainers to ensure you receive the foundation needed to be successful.
B-Lashes® Eyelash Extensions continues to lead the industry by providing innovative eyelash extension products. B-Lashes® offers you an extensive inventory of Synthetic Eyelashes, Exclusive Eyelash Extension Adhesives, and Application Supplies.
B-Lashes® offers you exclusive retail cosmetic products designed to work with eyelash extensions. These products offer you the opportunity to generate 30% additional revenue per client. We offer Mascaras, Eyeliners, Eye Makeup Removers, and Eye Shine exclusively designed for eyelash extensions.
Consumers across Columbus, Ohio have made B-Lashes® the most popular brand because they want to be serviced only by trained and certified beauty professionals. The B-Lashes brand is searched for by name in search engines 4 times more than our closest competitor.
B-Lashes® Eyelash Extensions has been the exclusive provider of eyelash extensions for local who’s who and celebrity events.
General Information About Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent eyelash extensions comprised of individual synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. Our lashes are thicker at the base and taper to a fine point. They are applied to individual eyelashes, one extension at a time, for a natural, elegant look to lengthen and add fullness to the existing lashes. B-Lashes are for professional application only. Self-application and application by untrained individuals is strongly discouraged.
With proper application, lash extensions look and feel completely real. Each application is customized to suit the individual. We offer various thicknesses of lashes and curls with lengths ranging from 6mm to 17mm in variety of colors for highlighting effects. The overall all effect is added curl, thickness and length, opening up the eye for added definition. Eyelash extensions are an exact replica of an eyelash; it weighs about as much as natural lash: practically nothing. You will not notice the addition of the extensions to your lashes and they will not cause your natural lashes to fall out ahead of their natural cycle as other enhancement methods can. Please feel free to review our client testimonials and before and after pictures for additional information on the look and feel of B-lashes extensions.
Most women choose lash extensions to lengthen their natural lashes while others want their lashes to look fuller. A number of women with naturally light colored lashes choose eyelash extensions to darken their existing lashes. Still others love the different, fun looks they can achieve with highlighting and layering. Lash extensions can create a younger appearance on many clients. Semi-permanent eyelash extensions create the appearance of a brighter, more open and rested eye, thereby creating a more youthful and rejuvenated look. Above all, the main advantage of eyelash extensions is how much time you can save during your beauty regimen. Lash extensions allow you to spend less time with makeup; mascara is certainly no longer necessary. Because our lashes are bigger at the base, they create the same effect as eyeliner so that step can be avoided as well. Overall, eyelash extensions will give the appearance of having put significant effort into your eye makeup when in reality; you spent no time at all. No application of eye makeup and no need for removal at the end of the day. The added benefit is that they look beautiful morning and night, all day, every day. Say goodbye to the application of mascara, stained tears and mascara masks around the eyes. With our lash extensions you can look and feel gorgeous from the moment you wake up until the moment you fall asleep with little to no effort.
* When properly maintained eyelash extensions will remain in place until the natural lash on which it rest falls out. This can be as long as two months or more.
Natural eyelashes grow in and fall out in cycles (every 60 to 90 days). When a natural lash matures and falls out, a new lash has already been growing and quickly replaces it without us noticing the turnover. This process is constant and at any given moment our many natural lashes are at different stages of maturity. Some are just growing in while others are ready to shed. People typically shed between 1 and 5 natural lashes each day depending on their individual growth cycles. On shorter natural lashes this growing and shedding cycle is virtually unnoticeable.
* When eyelashes are extended with lash extension, it will be more noticeable when these lashes shed because they are loger and darker than natural lashes. Please keep in mind this is perfectly normal occurrence with or without extension. Your lash stylists will apply eyelash extensions, using Nova Lash products primarily to those lashes that are in the middle of their maturation cycle to maximize the amount of time they will last, without jeopardizing the health of baby lashes. The lash extensions will fall out with the natural lash it is attached to when it reaches the end of its growth cycle. Most will remain in place for approximately two months.
* With proper care and maintenance, touch ups are typically only needed once every 2 to 4 weeks to replace the lashes that have shed. Your lash stylist will add extensions to the newest mature natural lashes to maintain a full, lush appearance
* Depending on your lashes and the number of lashes being applied, it generally takes between 60 to 120 minutes to apply a full set of eyelash extensions. Touch ups can be done in as little as 15 to 60 minutes.
You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while eyelash extensions are applied one at a time to your own natural eyelashes. There is no discomfort or pain involved in the procedure. In fact, most clients find it so relaxing and comfortable that they fall asleep.
Because eyelash extensions are applied to existing natural lashes you must have some natural lashes to receive the procedure. Eyelash extensions should not, and in many cases cannot, be applied to clients who have alopecia, and undergoing chemotherapy or those who suffer from trichotilomania, unless and until the individual has received effective treatment and normal lash growth has resumed.
No. Only a trained professional will be able to safely apply lash extensions. Unprofessional application or self-application may cause eye injury, lash damage or unnatural looking lashes. Eyelash extensions are applied one lash at a time to your individual natural eyelashes to achieve long, thick and natural looking eyelashes. The procedure involves bonding the synthetic extension to your own natural eyelashes and should be performed by professionally trained lash stylists only.Care & Maintenance
* Through eyelash extensions are easy to maintain, the first twenty-four hours are crucial for a strong bond. You should keep your lashes dry and avoid touching them. After twenty-four hours, care is fairly simple; avoid oil based products and be gentle with the lashes. They are resistant to water, sweat and tears.
* Your lash stylist will give you a detailed, easy care maintenance instruction manual following your procedure. In general, to maintain your new look and extend the life of your lashes, follow these simple guidelines
* For the first 24 hours after application the lashes should not be exposed to water or steam to allow the adhesive time to fully bond. We recommend avoiding swimming and the spa for 48 hours after lash application for best results.
* Be gentle with your lashes; do not pull on the extensions or rub the eye excessively.
* Avoid the use of oil-based products on or around the lashes and do not use waterproof mascara. Constant application of heavy eye makeup, particularly mascara and eyeliner, may reduce the lifespan of your eyelash extensions and require more frequent touch ups.
* You can enjoy these lashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Provided you follow the simple maintenance instructions, are not involved excessively in heat or water activities, and treat the lashes with care they will last through the natural lash life cycle and fall off with the natural lash, not before. You can swim, shower and spa as usual so long as these activities are not engaged in excessively. (Please do not swim or spa for 48 hours after the procedure to allow the adhesive to fully cure.)
* A competitive swimmer who is constantly in the chlorinated water may lose some lashes earlier than the average person as may someone who gets very frequent facials (weekly) or goes into the steam room daily. Doing an above average level of activities related to heat or constant water exposure may weaken the adhesive bond causing some early lash loss.
There are no products that are required to be applied to the lashes.
Indeed, one of the main advantages of eyelash extensions is that you never need mascara again. We don’t recommend the use of mascara.
A natural lash typically shed every 60 to 90 days and is replaced with growth of a new eyelash. Since eyelash extensions are applied one by one to each individual hair, after 2-4 weeks, approximately 1/3 of the lashes will have cycled out. At this point, touch ups are required to replace the lashes that have completed their life cycle. Touch ups generally take a short time and are relatively inexpensive.
As the natural lashes cycle out and shed, eyelash extensions will shed with them. However, if necessary, eyelash extensions can be professionally removed by your Lash Stylist using our specially formulated adhesive remover. The removal process normally takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes for a full set. Never try to remove eyelash extensions on your own. Damage can be caused by pulling the extensions off with the natural lash, removing the natural lash before it is ready to shed.Health & Safety Concerns
Yes! It is one of the few that is FDA approve and is safe to use around the eyes.
Eyelash extensions cause no damage to the natural lashes. Nova Lash adhesives have been developed to exacting specifications so that it causes no damage to your real lashes.
* Because eyelash extensions are applied to existing natural lashes an individual must have some natural lashes for the procedure. Eyelash extensions should not, and in many cases cannot, be applied to clients who have alopecia, are undergoing chemotherapy or those who suffer from Tricholtilomania, unless and until the individual has received effective treatment and normal lash growth has resumed.
* Cancer/Chemotherapy Recovery: Cancer patients can begin having eyelash extensions applied once chemo has completed and lashes are beginning to grow in again. During this initial growth stage the lashes are weaker and thinner then they originally were. Nova Lash (10mm) Lashes can be applied during this stage to thicken the lash line without causing stress to these weakened lashes. As stronger lashes start to grow, Nova lashes Thick (15mm) lashes can be added for more fullness. For cancer patients whose lashes are growing back sporadically, your Nova lash stylist can use special techniques to compensate for any gaps.
* Alopecia: Nova lash eyelash extensions should only be applied once lash growth has resumed.
* Trichotillomania: Individual with Trichotillomania (an impulse disorder characterized by the urge to pull eyelashes and other hair out) do not make good candidates for Nova Lashes eyelash extensions unless and until they have received effective treatment.
Permanent Makeup Frequently Asked Questions
Permanent cosmetics is a safe and natural-looking alternative to the expense and daily routine of applying makeup upon waking in the morning and often times throughout the day. It is a state-of-the-art technique of permanently applying makeup via intradermal micropigmentation. Properly applied by an experienced technician, permanent makeup will be more natural and realistic in appearance as compared to conventional cosmetics.
YES -- Bianca Jackson, CPCP, is a trained professional. She utilizes a 100% single-use, disposable system for each procedure. Her methods of permanent cosmetic application are controlled, gentle and safe.
Very little, if any, discomfort is experienced during the procedure. In fact, the great majority of her clients describe the sensation as a "'tickling" feeling. The anesthesia Bianca uses is of a superior grade and is extremely effective.
YES -- It will look more natural than your own conventional make-up. Bianca specializes in "natural-looking" makeup. Bianca’s artist's eye will capture or create the natural beauty of her client.
Her rich and creamy pigments create the most natural shades. Several different methods of permanent cosmetic application are often used during your procedure in order to provide you with the most beautiful results. You can choose between a very dramatic look or one that is soft, powdery and subtle, including the popularly sought-after "smudgy" look for eyeliner.
Most of her clients are immediately able to return to work or their other daily activities immediately following their procedure without any embarrassment or discomfort. Her exclusive-blend of superior-strength anesthesia prevents unsightly swelling and bleeding while providing a rapid, healing period for her clients.
For approximately 5-7 days following the procedure, you will need to apply a thin film of ointment to the procedure site. During this healing period, you will notice the color soften into your skin.
Generally, two applications are needed in order to achieve full satisfaction with your desired look. However, many of her clients are fully satisfied with just one application. If a second application is desired, it is scheduled approximately 6 weeks after the initial procedure.
Truthfully, it will look sensational. A very conservative approach is used for those who are unsure of width or color. The second application may be used as an opportunity to add more fullness or color, if desired. Permanent make-up can be applied very evenly, precisely and smoothly.
Including the consultation, paperwork, and numbing time, the average length of time for one procedure is approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours. The second application is usually l hour or less.